Electrical and Electronics Engineering is bound todevelop qualitative and dynamic graduates who will develop, design, test and maintain electrical equipments.The far reaching technical advancements and career options in this industry always needknowledgeable, technically sound, creative and amazingly quick problem solving skilled engineers.
This field of engineering is a combination of electrical, electronics and computer engineering which encompasses some of the best career options in a wide variety of sectors like power plants, power transmission and distributions, industrial equipments designing and maintenance, and so on.
The project worksduring their studies allow the students to use what they have learned, and then toapply their skills on a particular real-time project.Therefore, proper project selection and implementation would certainly not only make a positive mark in the students’ career, but alsomake a greater impact ontheir future course of action relevant to theirjob as well. The eminent project selection areas includepower, electronics, control, computer and telecommunications engineering, etc.
7 Necessary Reasons for Students to Do Projects in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
1. Improves Innovative Spirit
Project work enables graduates to think out of the box owing to the creative levels of imagination.Right from choosing a topic from an area of interest, project work involves finding creative solutions to various project-related problems and many technical challenges. Project works always makeadvancementsto the existing system, and therefore, it ultimately enables graduates to think socially with an innovative technical mindset and thought.
2. Makes Transformation of Theoretical Knowledge and its Applications
The transformation of theoretical knowledge makes students toapply their engineering concepts, synthesis and various technical methods which they have learnt in their long run of studies.Thus, a project enables students to use their technical knowledge and project management tools to implement projects.Hence, project worksprovide interdisciplinaryhands-on experience through the designing, development and implementation of academic projects.
3. Enriches Knowledge on Renewing Technologies
Project implementation always makes use of the latest and more advanced technologies for controlling equipments and devices. Therefore,this aspect of project opens upan environment to learn the rapid and emerging technologies.Hence, students are able to gain relative knowledge and standard experimental techniques in both theoretical and practical aspects.
4. Estimates Future Course of Job
Some students aspire to do their projects in their respective domains of interestor in some lucrative field of aspirations which is capable ofpreparing them for theirentrance to the topnotch industry.Hence, some projects decidestudents’ career especially for those who are eagerly waiting for gaining accessto a particular company or industry andthus make the way easierfor their auspicious and predestined future.
5. Ensures Responsibility towards Society
Project work gives engineering solutions to the outcome of existing systems.Most of the students select their projects that are related to the society oriented applications like street light control systems, auto irrigation systems, home automations, and so on. These types of project ideas reflect the responsibilityof the students towards society.
6. Boosts Curiosity and Liking for Studies
Before and after choosing projects,mostly students always prefer spendingample timestudying, gathering and analyzing the project requirements or needs. This ultimately pays the way for some hands-on research work on any particular topic or area thus prompting their curiosity and liking for studies.Eventually, many students acquire deeper insightsfrom the project work they underwentand gain deeper knowledge and understanding on each and every component included in the project.
7. Improves Team Leading and Problem Solving Skills
Project work enables one to conduct oneself in a professional manner by analyzing, managing, evaluating the project related matters. Ifa person taking on the team leader’sroleit helpsthat person to gain leadership qualities, and thus he or she will be able to manage all the team members effectively for the successful throughput of the project.
6 Popular Areas for doing Electrical Projects
1. Electric Power Generation: Electric power is generated with both the renewable resources like solar, wind and biomass and non-renewable resources like coal, petrol, gas, etc.The Projects on this area involve the projects pertaining to maintaining boilers, generators and other equipments against various faults and undesired operations.
2. Power System Equipment Handling and Its Maintenance: Power system involves in transmission, distribution and utilization of electrical power. Substation maintenance, power system equipment protection and operation, power scheduling, wireless power transfer, etc.,are the main projects’ topics in this area.
3. Electrical Equipment Maintenance and Control: The Electrical equipments like electrical motors, home appliances like heaters, air conditioners, lighting systems, etc., are controlled by different controllers for desired performance and throughput.
4. Industrial Control and Robotics:TheIndustrial operations and processes that are controlled by programmable controllers and robots are the most fascinating operations for many of the students. These projects make use of advanced controllers distributed on factory floors which are connected by means ofa common communication bus or medium.
5. Energy Systems and Power Electronics:This field deals with the power converting equipment from one form to the other. As the power conversion efficiency and power quality depend on more efficient power electronic devices and components, the power electronics field has thus openup the use of efficient solid state equipments, various adaptive methods to do the projects.
6. Embedded Systems: This is an electronic based system that deals with the access, storage, process, and control of the data.It uses different controllers like microcontroller and microprocessors which are interfaced with several peripheral devicesthrough different communications.
7. Communication: This field involves in transmission of data by means of wired or wireless technologies. A set of protocols are arranged for individual communications such as I2C, SPI, CAN, etc. Wireless communication data transfer is the emerging technology wherein diverse ranges of communications are used such as RF, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Zigbee,etc.
Thus, a project work is very important for engineering graduates to enhance their skills and abilities. We hope that this article might have given you some useful,insightfuland interestingprojects to choose and implement in the field of electronics. Furthermore, for any technical help on implementing the electrical and electronics engineering projects, you can contact or reach us by commenting below.